The following is a list of excellent tips for designing an effective and engaging e-commerce website for selling uniforms. There are many more ideas you can implement, but these are just a few of the best:
- When customers reach your website, you should answer the question ‘Who are you?’ and hit them with the quick answer right when they arrive to your store. Be as punchy and concise as possible.
- Read up on best techniques for selling uniforms and implement them ASAP. Customers expectations for e-commerce experience have gone up and you need to find a way to meet them without dumbing down or compromising your brands image.
- Be consistent: make sure your shoppers experience through the purchase process is consistent with your brand messaging.
- Most successful uniform companies have email marketing campaigns that are always engaging and attention seeking; with short and relevant headlines.
- Product images are high-res and clear. The use of models helps customers visualize what their products look like in context.
- Loading speeds should be quick and the web to mobile transition should be seamless.
- Lack of clutter: the website and mobile experience should be very intuitive, clear, and concise.
- Machine learning: most successful uniform companies have utilized their data insights very well, always showing relevant products that customers would actually buy.
- Make your own company logo with Adobe Illustrator: there are lots of simple tutorials on YouTube and Google.
- Purchase affordable ready-to-use or ready-to-edit graphics from online marketplaces.
- Successful companies know what to feature and when. Their home pages have a smooth slideshow featuring products based on popularity of sales. The home page is no more than a half scroll which almost forces you to click on something to go deeper into the site. This helps to avoid bounce rates which will help with your google ranking.
- Most successful websites make it very simple to get anywhere on the site within a few clicks. The menu bar is uncluttered and direct. When people are shopping online they tend to know what they’re going to be purchasing, so having an easy menu to navigate anywhere quickly is key.
- The way successful companies lay out the options to customize your order is fantastic. They show you exactly what you’re purchasing using the actual product images, instead of swatches.
- Design is how you establish trust with potential customers. If they see you care in your design, theyll know your products will follow suit. Trust is key in an online environment where customers cant test out your products in person and the purchase needs to be made more on faith.
- Put your time and effort into learning how to improve your product photography, everything else is secondary. Most product images are taken by professionals which allow for the best quality shots every-time. Show your products from multiple angles, up close, and in the context theyll be used. This will make a customers decision to purchase far easier.
If you have further questions about design techniques and tips for e-commerce stores, please contact us. Here at UniformMarket powered by Sellers Commerce, we provide you with tools such as Uniform Program Management and Retail Commerce, which can connect you with the products and data you need for your employees or business. Whether you are a uniform retailer or an energy company needing to fit your employees with new uniforms and gear, we have the tools and services for you. Contact us for a demo today!